There is nothing left for the lights of the La Illa Sports Palace to turn on to enjoy a most intense week with the Benidorm Fest 2024. 16 participants will take the stage ready to defend their song in front of the entire audience and the thousands of spectators who will follow the gala through La 1 and to demonstrate that they deserve to be winners of the bronze microphone and, therefore, holders of the ticket to the Malmö Arena (Sweden) to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest 2024.
The days go by and more and more loose ends are being tied up.. We already know the presenters, we have our tickets to enjoy the first (January 30) and the second (February 3) semi-final of the contest and now it has also been known which artists will entertain us on the night of the grand final on February 4.
This Saturday it was known through the official account onAbraham Mateo, Vicco, Camela and Sergio Dalma They will perform at BeFest’24. It is still pending to know if Blanca Paloma, the winner of BeFest’23, will sing in the final,” the tweet reads. A decision that not everyone liked and that many have wondered where Blanca Paloma is, who is supposed to hand the microphone to the winner.
Likewise, the author of Eaeaa song with which Spain achieved 100 points and 17th position in Liverpool, He wanted to clarify whether or not he will be in Benidorm: “No friends, it’s not pending. I would like to sing for you in the final of Benidorm Fest,” she wrote, thus stating that RTVE has not counted on her.
The absence of Blanca Paloma angers the networks
After Blanca Paloma spoke out and confirmed what many Eurofans already suspected, her absence at Benidorm Fest 2024, the networks have been on fire and there have been several people who have not understood this decision. Even Spain’s own representative in Eurovision 2023 has shown that she agreed with her messages, liking it on said social network:
- “Of course Blanca Paloma also took Spain to the highest level of quality. The position did not depend on her, because she could not have done better. Her performance was spectacular and impeccable, one of the best in the history of Spain in Eurovision.”
- “It makes me extremely sad that Blanca Paloma is not going to perform in the final of the Benidorm Fest, with all the pride that she made us feel last year. It seems like an injustice to me.”
- “This is inexplicable. I believe that the best way to take care of the Benidorm Fest is to take care of its artists, and this is very far from taking care of the artists. Furthermore, Blanca has shown a lot of commitment and respect towards this format.”
- “Blanca of my loves, it doesn’t matter that you can’t offer us your wonderful voice again at the Benidorm Fest because we already know that you would be chosen again. And having said that, I’m looking forward to hearing your future album.”
- “This is not understood nor is there an easy explanation to understand. You deserve everything and we want to see you flying high again in that Palau.”